Ek het gister ‘n storie gelees wat my brein laat ontplof het. Dis ‘n ware storie, wat my nog meer laat uit freak het. Dis die storie oor Billy Milligan. ‘n Man wat in die 70’s met nie twee of drie nie, maar 24 verskillende persoonlikhede gedianoseer is. Kan jy nou dink hoe dit moet wees? Ek kan hierdie een persoon wat ek is skaar hanteer, wat nog van 23 ander “mense”. Wat dit so uniek gemaak het is juis hoe uniek elke persoonlikheid was. Elkeen het ‘n storie gehad, verskillende aksente, talente en selfs die manier wat hulle gesit het was verskillend van mekaar. My verbeelding het op hol gegaan. Hy was ‘n skurk, ‘n verkragter maar dit was nie Billy self nie, dit was van die ander 23 wat dit gedoen het. Mens kan nie hierdie tipe goed uit dink nie hoor. Dis ‘n boek wat net wag om te gebeur want jy kan ‘n storie oor elke persoonlikheid skryf en jy sal jou lam skryf aan hulle.
Persoonlik dink ek elkeen van ons het tog so bietjie van ‘n multiple personality disorder. Het jy al gehoor iemand sê vir jou “Jy is nie jouself saam hom/haar/hulle nie.”? Jy trek die jassie aan wat die beste pas vir die geleentheid. Gaan jy kerk toe, dan is jy stil en stemmig en jy dink twee keer voor jy dalk daardie stoute Fok laat glip. Gaan jy uit club toe, dan is jy outgoing, snaaks, so bietjie flirty en die life of the party. Of dalk speel jy gasvrou vir vriende wat kom braai en jy is vriendelik, opgewek en maak almal welkom voel…dit terwyl jy eintlik net jou bra wil uittrek en in die bed gaan lê met ‘n pak koekies. My man het al baie vir my gesê hy kan sien wanneer ek te veel kontak met ‘n seker vriendin gehad het. Ek trek haar negatiewe houding aan, ek is snippy en snotty met hom soos sy met almal om haar is en skielik is ek die baas feminis wat ‘n berg wil k@# net omdat ek vir hom moet koffie maak. Ek het dit nooit geglo nie tot ek eendag iets vir hom wou sê en dis toe sy wat praat. Vriendskap deleted!
Ek het die stukkie hieronder op Wikipedia gekry. Daar is nog baie ander lees stof oor ou Billy Milligan maar hierdie som die klomp persoonlikhede die beste op:
Billy Milligan had a number of personalities:
- The Ten
These ten are the alters whom personalities “Ragen” and “Arthur” decided were not “undesirable.” They freely shared consciousness, and doctors quickly learned of their existences.
- Billy Milligan (William Stanley Milligan) is the core personality.
- Arthur is an extremely sophisticated and educated Englishman. An expert in science and medicine, with a focus on hematology. He is in “the spot” – that is, in charge of the shared body – during times that required intellectual thinking. Arthur is one of only two personalities who could classify a person in the group as an undesirable.
- Ragen Vadascovinich is the “keeper of hate”. His name comes from the words “rage again”. Ragen describes himself as Yugoslavian, has a Slavic accent, can write and speak in Serbian and is extraordinarily strong. He controls the spot in dangerous times and can designate group members as “undesirable”. He admitted committing robbery in order to support “the family”, but had no knowledge of the rapes.
- Allen is a con man and a manipulator. He is the most common person to talk to the outside world. He plays the drums and paints portraits. Also the only right-handed self. He is the only personality that smokes cigarettes.
- Tommy is the escape artist; he is often confused with Allen. He plays the tenor sax and is an electronics expert. He is also a painter, specializing in landscapes.
- Danny is afraid of people, especially men. He only paints still lifes and never paints landscapes. He says this was because Chalmer made him dig his own grave and buried him in it.
- David, age eight, is the “keeper of pain”. He comes to the spot to take the pain of the others.
- Christene, age three, was the one who would stand in the corner in school when “Billy” would get in trouble. She has dyslexia, but Arthur taught her to read and write. Ragen has a special bond with her.
- Christopher, Christene’s brother, plays the harmonica.
- Adalana, a lesbian, cooks and cleans house for the others, and writes poetry. Milligan’s attorney claimed that Adalana had admitted to committing the rapes without the knowledge of Milligan or the other alters.
- The Undesirables
These people were labeled “undesirable” after breaking the rules laid down by Ragen and Arthur. These alters were no longer allowed “on the spot” (that is, to hold consciousness) and only revealed themselves after Milligan was sent to the hospital.
- Phil is a thug and took part in planning some small time crimes. Has a Brooklyn accent. Marked due to him being a criminal.
- Kevin is a criminal planner; he helped devise a plan to rob a drug store. Labeled also because he is a criminal.
- Walter is Australian. He calls himself a big-game hunter and has an excellent sense of direction. Was often used as a spotter. He was labeled because he shot and killed a crow.
- April only has thoughts about destroying Billy’s stepfather. Declared an Undesirable when she convinced Ragen to kill Chalmer. Luckily though Arthur was able to talk him out of it at the last second.
- Samuel is a Jewish person and the only one who believes in God. Was marked because he sold some of the other people’s personal paintings.
- Mark is the workhorse. He is often referred to as the zombie because he does nothing unless he is told, and will stare at walls when bored.
- Steve is the impostor, he uses imitations for comedy. Steve never accepted that he was an MP. He was made to be undesirable because his comedy caused the family problems.
- Lee is the prankster and his practical jokes normally get the family into trouble. He does not care about consequences for his actions. He was made an undesirable because one of his jokes put them into solitary confinement.
- Jason is the pressure valve. He was used at the beginning to release tension for the family, but he caused them to get into too much trouble and was marked as an undesirable.
- Bobby always dreams of leading some adventure or fixing some global crisis, but he has no ambitions and was labeled due to that fact.
- Shawn, who is four and deaf, makes buzzing sounds so he can feel the vibration in his head. He was labeled an undesirable because there was no benefit from being deaf later on in life. (Even though he is an undesirable he was never cast into the shadows beyond the spot; he was just never allowed to take the spot.)
- Martin is a snob, from New York. He wants things just handed over to him without earning them.
- Timothy worked in a florist shop until he encountered a gay man who flirted with him. He went into his own world after that.
- The Teacher
(Not an Undesirable)
- The Teacher, was by far the greatest milestone to helping Billy achieve fusion. He is the sum of all 24 people put together, and has almost total recall of all the other people’s actions and thoughts.
So volgende keer as jy saam jou sussie koffie drink en dit glip uit dat jy dink haar vet kinders is vreeslik bederf, moenie na die tyd te sleg voel nie. Dis dalk Helga, Annie of Johan wat net hulle menig lig. En vir die van julle wat klaar bewe om weg te val en te noem dat mental illness no laughing matter is, julle kan maar relax. Ek is iemand wat altyd iets lig van iets baie depressing sal maak. Van alles in hierdie lewe, is my grootste vrees om nie in beheer van my brein te wees nie. So nie net is Billy se storie iets wat my mond laat hoop hang nie…..dis ook my ultimate horror scenario. Moenie sê jy leer nie iets nuut elke dag nie. You’re welcome.
Die Wit Hasie